Friday, March 2, 2012

Movie Review--> The Descendants

So, yeah, I'm now a movie blogger- Sue me. I have decided to write more about stuff I know and I know movies very well. Hope the review goes well and it will make you see the movie.

So the plot for The Descendants: With his wife Elizabeth on life support after a boating accident, Hawaiian land baron Matt King takes his daughters on a trip from Oahu to Kauai to confront the young real estate broker, who was having an affair with Elizabeth before her misfortune. 


The plot doesnt explain much but after watching this movie, I fell in love with George Clooney over again. This is not the same Clooney we saw in the Ocean's triology- Cool, Suave Clooney. This is the vulnerable and helpless Clooney. After watching a lot of movies with George, this one stood out. He looked like a normal human being, who cried, laughed with his daughters, cursed and did outrageously stupid stuff. Now we know why he deserved his Oscar Nomination. 


During the course of the movie, we are forced to laugh at the characters and cry with them also. The movie goes deep into finding the emotions of a man who has responsibility pushed on him when he least expected it.


I recommend this movie because it shows a great steller performance from all the supporting characters: Shailene Woodley, Amara Miller, Scott Krause, and Robert Foster.


I give the movie a 4.5/5 just because I dont believe anything is fully perfect.


Comment with your thoughts and make sure you see the movie and comment after you see it. :D


Miss Me

1 comment:

  1. ok now i need to watch this. adding to the spring break things to do!

    ReplyDelete